Mar 21, 2013

Review/Swatches: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

When the original Urban Decay Naked palette was released, I wasn't impressed. It featured neutrals that definitely leaned on the warmer side. I already knew that a lot of warmer colors just make my eyes look swollen/like I had been punched, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a palette full of colors that would do that (by the way, the color I was most reluctant about was Half-Baked, which I have changed my mind about). A year later, Urban Decay released the Naked 2 palette, which featured what the Urban Decay website describes as "12 taupe and greige neutrals" - which is something I could get on board with. I didn't buy it immediately because I kept telling myself I didn't need it. I was given it for Christmas and once I played with the different shadows, I regretted not trying this sooner.

Left to right: Foxy, Half-Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease,
Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
The colors in this palette are: Foxy, Half-Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout. I'm terrible at describing colors, but I will make the attempt. And if you don't want to read my descriptions, I don't blame you in the slightest ;)

Foxy is a matte cream color. It is smooth and not chalky in the slightest.

Half-Baked is a golden-y bronze. It is the reason I didn't want to buy the original Naked palette (as I said before), but I really like it!

Bootycall is a shimmery champagne color, but it is not so shimmery that it makes me feel like my eyes are at some sort of disco.

Chopper is a glittery bronze (maybe on the copper-y side). The glitter in this one is obvious, but I personally don't have *too* much fallout when I use it, but I recommend applying this one with caution.

Tease is a semi-matte taupe. It is a color that I would personally consider great for somebody to wear to work as it is not over the top.

Snakebite is a cool, medium-dark shimmery brown.

Suspect is a shimmery medium brown.

Pistol is a shimmery taupe (more on the gray side).

Verve is a shimmery sand-y color.

YDK is another shimmery bronze.

Busted is a dark shimmery brown.

Blackout is simply black.

This palette also comes with the Urban Decay Lip Junkie lip gloss in the color Naked as well as a dual-ended brush. The brush is average and the color and consistency of the gloss is quite nice (although of course I don't have it where I am at the moment and don't have pictures, but it wasn't a very pigmented gloss to begin with - I'd describe the color as a pinky nude). The packaging is also very sturdy, which is something I appreciate when I travel. Naked 2 isn't as easy to travel with as Naked Basics, but this is best for longer trips.

Is Naked 2 worth $50? Personally, I'd say it is! If you aren't sure you want to spend the money on it, I recommend testing it out before you buy it. For me, it is worth every penny and I will repurchase it perhaps once I've finished every shadow in the palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.