Jan 4, 2013

My Top 12 Products of 2012

I haven't written a favorites post for a long time because I've been working toward my goal of finishing more products and buying less. However, there are quite a few products that I've fallen in love with and can see myself buying again once I run out. These things are in no particular order, but let's get to it!

  1. LaVanila Pure Vanilla Perfume: I have this in the small rollerball form and it has become my favorite fragrance ever. I don't wear it every day because I want to save it for special occasions, but I can see myself buying this again and again. The notes are: Madagascar vanilla, Freesia, Patchouli, Heliotrope, and Tonka Bean. You can buy the rollerball form for $19 at Sephora.
  2. My Too Faced Palettes: I have three different palettes, the Naked Eyes palette, the Romantic Eyes palette, and the Glamour to Go palette. I personally love all of them and constantly find myself using them. My most used of the three is definitely the Glamour to Go palette.
  3. NYX Butt Naked Eyes Palette: I didn't use this as much as I wanted to (since I have about five other neutral palettes), but I fell in love with it over Thanksgiving break. I love having all the blushes and eye shadows I need in one place.
  4. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliners: These aren't necessarily a new discovery for me, but I did "rediscover" them this year when I was in search of a smudge-proof eyeliner. These can run dry, but they work well once you know how to work with them. Blackberry is my personal favorite.
  5. Maybelline Color Tattoo's: I think a lot of people already know about these and if you've read my blog for any amount of time you'll know that I love these. My favorite color is Barely Beige, which was limited edition, but a similar shade has been released in the 2013 metals collection.
  6. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment: I had an allergic reaction to something I was trying to finish up a couple of months ago. This really helped my skin. Tea Tree Oil is supposed to help with cuts, burns, and acne. I've never noticed whether or not Tea Tree Oil really helps my acne, but this product really soothed my skin irritation.
  7. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup: I wear the shade Fresh Alabaster in this. I don't think I have ever mentioned this on here, but I always used it when I was "between" my other foundations that I have finished this year and I've come to realize that it is actually my favorite foundation that I've used this year. It doesn't actually treat my breakouts as far as I have noticed, but it also doesn't break me out and it is the closest match I'll ever find from a Clinique face product. Actually, I wish they had a lighter shade. It would probably be perfect.
  8. Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder: I use this when I don't wear other makeup and I've been really happy with it. It calms my skin and seems to work well. It comes in a huge container and I don't use much, so I feel like I'm never going to finish it.
  9. Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment: This is a nice base and top coat. It's the only one I have used this year.
  10. OPI Nail Lacquer in Just Spotted the Lizard: This is from the Spiderman collection and it is probably the most interesting color I've bought this year. I won't even begin to attempt to describe the color, but it does remind me of a lizard.
  11. China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Smoke and Ashes: I'll admit that I loved the Hunger Games and I was really excited when China Glaze released a nail polish collection dedicated to the movie release. Smoke and Ashes looks boring, but if you look carefully it has greenish blue shimmer in it (forgive me if my description is subpar... I am terrible at describing scents and colors).
  12. Tangle Teezer: My hair is very prone to tangles, so this has been a miracle for my hair. I'm so happy that I tried it and I hope to buy a couple more soon so I don't have to remember to take it back and forth with me when I am going home for a weekend.
I didn't really have any lip favorites in 2012 because I don't usually go crazy over lip products (although you'd never believe it if you could see my collection). What were your favorite products in 2012?

2 comments:

  1. I love the too faced palettes! They have amazing eye shadows! Great favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely tempted to indulge in the new Too Faced palette, but I'll hold off for a while

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.