Jan 11, 2013

Makeup Collection: Face

As I believe I have mentioned before, I tend to buy an excess of face products. This is because my skin... well, to be honest, it isn't a pretty sight most days. Lately I've calmed down on the excessive purchasing of face products (and not just because of "project minimize") and although I do have a lengthy list of products I really want to try, I will hopefully refrain from purchasing what I do not need. Although most of my collection is with me at school, there are a few items I always leave at home with the assumption that I won't bring my makeup home with me. This never happens, but as it is, I don't actually have the space for the few other products that are sitting in my acrylic storage unit at home (actually, I did an experiment and discovered that I could fit it all in a Birchbox).

I won't be reviewing things that I mention because part of the purpose of this collection post is to show you what I have so I can actually review something that has been requested. As you've probably noticed, I just review what I am using and move on to the next item. I will also link to any reviews I have already posted, so hopefully that is helpful.

Once again I am rambling and telling you more than you probably needed to know, so here is my collection!

Base Products (primer, foundation/BB cream, powder, etc):

Primer:
I am not big on using face primers. To me, they are just an added step that I have personally never thought of as necessary because I've never found one I loved. Both primers I have are sample sizes, so I really need to just use them up so it's not taking up the space. I have the Mirabella Prime (which is for face and eyes) and a sample of Lancome La Base Pro (which I got at Sephora as a 100 point perk, I believe). Both of these are silicone-based. If I ever do buy another primer, I really want to try any of the Korres primers or the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment (which is a tinted primer).

Foundation/BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer:

Foundation has always been my favorite, yet least favorite thing to buy. I love how my skin looks with a good foundation, but the frustration of finding a foundation that matches my skin and doesn't irritate it is pure torture. That might be a slight exaggeration, but I've spent more money on foundations in my lifetime than I have spent on anything else... and I still have nothing that is perfect for my needs.

But, I digress. I currently have the L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream in Light, Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation in Very Light Ivory (I 00), and Clinique Acne Solutions in Fresh Alabaster (01).

Not Pictured: Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru and Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Vanilla Glow

Powder (including a powder foundation):

Powders are another thing I can't get enough of. My skin is oily and I generally like most of the powders I buy. I tend to buy pressed powders more often than loose powders because they aren't as messy and make traveling easier.

The powders I have are: NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder in Translucent, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream (Light 4-5), Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder in Classic Ivory (10), Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation in Classic Ivory (10), Covergirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder in Classic Ivory (510), and Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder (more of a skin treatment, but it is a powder and I do use it on top of blemishes when I'm not wearing much makeup).

Not Pictured: Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in Porcelain (110), Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, and Bare Minerals Matte foundation in Fairly Light.

Concealers:

I get lazy with concealer. I usually only use concealer under my eyes, but if I have a particularly nasty pimple or if I have an occasion where I want my skin to look great, then I will take the time to cover it up.

I think a lot of people either own or have tried MAC Studio Finish Concealer at some point (I have shade NC15). I also have Revlon Photoready Concealer in Fair (I'm not sure why I am including this because I probably have a few days worth left) and I have the Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter in Fair (125).

I do like the concealers I have, but eventually I would love to try something new just because that is how I am. Besides, this blog would get quite boring if I never tried anything new. (So it totally makes sense that I'm limiting myself to 12 unnecessary beauty-related purchases this year, right? ;)

Blushes, Bronzers, and Highlighters:

I finally got two Z-palettes! One is specifically for face products and the other is for eye products. So let's give this overview in columns (so the left column will be listed from top to bottom, the middle column will be listed from top to bottom, and the right column will be listed from top to bottom). By the way, don't worry about the gunk on the bottom (from the glue that Covergirl uses for their palettes). I cleaned it off after taking pictures, of course! ;)

Left column: Benefit Bella Bamba, Benefit Dandelion, and The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer

Middle column: Covergirl Cheekers Deep Plum, Covergirl Cheekers Natural Rose, and a poor cracked blush from the Stila Garden palette.

Right column: Mark Blush in Star Glo, Mark Blush in Kitten Glow, and Mark Bronzer in Golden Glo.

Next up are my only blush singles in the original packaging. I have the MAC Mineralize Blush in Hand-Finish, which is really old and was limited edition back in 2009 (I think). I'm not proud of the fact that I am not even close to finishing it, but when it comes to powder products, I plan to keep it until it actually seems to be going bad.

I also have the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic. Finally, I have the Sula Natural Blush in My Little Secret.
The next products I have are all by Benefit: Posietint, High Beam, and Benetint. I got these a long time ago, but as I said for the MAC blush, until it seems to have expired, I'll probably hang on to these. I am not proud of the fact that I've struggled to even remember to use these products.
There has been a lot of buzz about the Wet N Wild products in recent years. I believe the Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzers were released around this time last year. I only have Reserve Your Cabana because I am not a big fan of bronzer as it is, and this is really more of a highlighting product... even for my fair skin.
And finally, my blushes and bronzers that come in palettes specifically for face and eye makeup! I have the Too Faced Glamour to Go palette and the NYX Butt "Naked" Eyes palette, both of which I have talked about a lot on here.



And that is every single bit of face makeup I own. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them below.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing!! I need to get that Color Icon highlighter... I didn't see it when I picked up my bronzer. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It's definitely one of my favorite highlighters, but for some reason I hardly ever use it. I might need to now :)

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.