Dec 29, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: 2013 Edition

Since 2012 is coming to a close, I thought it would be a good idea to write a post on my resolutions for 2013! I honestly can't remember what my goals were for 2012, but since I don't remember it's fair to say that it doesn't really matter, right? ;)

Alright, so here we go:

  1. Buy fewer unnecessary products. I posted about this a while back and called it Project Minimize 2013. This entails finishing the products I have before I buy anything, but I am allowed to buy things I don't need... as long as I put it on the list on the official Project Minimize page. The catch is that I'm not allowed to buy more than 12 unnecessary items in 2013. Technically I am allowed to cheat once per month, but I wanted to be lenient enough that if I have a month where I don't buy anything, I can just buy two items the next month - that's a long-winded way of explaining it, but hopefully it all makes sense. If I use up all of a certain type of product (like body wash), I am allowed to purchase a backup without putting it on the list. Something that will pretty much never make the list is mascara since it expires so quickly, but I can already predict that a tinted moisturizer or foundation will end up on the list early on.
  2. Drink more water. I know this was a resolution last year and I didn't really start it until November. By "more water" I mean at least one glass at each meal and I also hope to eliminate other drinks. I've already stopped drinking soda.
  3. Drink less coffee and caffeinated drinks. I don't want to cut coffee out completely because I love the taste, but for now I am looking at trying some coffee alternatives (the two I have found are Cafix and Teeccino - I'm not sure if I will try them or not).
  4. Improve my blog. This includes the layout and the overall work I put into my blog. I want it to be the best that it can be so I can really help people out and share my love of beauty and my newly found interest in lifestyle and health.
  5. Stress out less. I don't really have any plan for this, but I do want to reduce my stress level.
  6. Try something new. And I don't mean "new (insert beauty product here)" - I want to do something exciting that is not in my comfort zone. I have time to figure out what that will be.
That is everything I could think of, but I think a simple list will be easier to follow through with.

What are your goals for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.