Nov 6, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

So I was recently nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by fellow blogger Katy. Before answering the questions I went on a little search because I hadn't heard of it before. Technically it's like a chain letter, but it's a great way for up and coming bloggers to connect with each other. Blogs with less than 200 followers can be nominated by someone who loves their blog. Now, here are the rules:
  • Reveal 11 things/random facts about myself
  • Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated me has set
  • Create 11 new questions for my nominees
  • Tag 11 people with less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated - no tag backs allowed.
11 Random Facts:
  1. I have already purchased a sofa for my first apartment. The odd thing is that I won't have my first apartment for at least a year and a half. I just really like to be prepared.
  2. I hardly ever eat candy or dessert. I get my sugar from Starbucks/coffee in general.
  3. I am an only child. My parents had me later in life because until about 9 months before my birth they thought they couldn't have children.
  4. I used to be a pro at HTML and CSS back when I was in middle school. Then my interests changed and I had less time to commit to fully coding my blog on my own
  5. As a child, my favorite household chore was dusting. I still get joy out of it when I'm not sneezing like a fool.
  6. My boyfriend and I want to live in British Columbia at some point (we currently live in the United States).
  7. I haven't gotten a haircut since April. I really need to soon, though.
  8. I've dyed my hair three times with demi-permanent color (it was by L'Oreal and the shade was Espresso, I think), but I'm trying henna soon!
  9. I couldn't paint my nails properly to save my life if I tried. My hand is very unsteady.
  10. I originally wanted my major to be criminal justice. Communications won when the department head told me one of his classes involved playing Quidditch. I did research on comm and decided I liked the classes I would be taking better than the classes I would have been taking for criminal justice
  11. I have favorite TV shows, but I hardly ever watch TV.
My Answers to Katy's Questions:
  1. What do you like most about blogging?: I like that I can interact with readers. I also really enjoy writing, so it's a great way for me to talk about makeup.
  2. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?: Sushi! I prefer salmon and I like to use lots of wasabi.
  3. What's your favorite makeup brand?: That's a difficult one to answer, but I will say Too Faced because as of right now, I've never tried anything from them that I didn't like.
  4. Do you prefer cats or dogs?: I prefer cats. They are more independent. I do like dogs, though. I just find cats easier to take care of. Except for my cat. He's the cat version of the "Overly Attached Girlfriend" - it's a little scary.
  5. Who is your favorite Youtube Beauty guru?: Right now I am loving essiebutton's videos. She's very charismatic and ever since finding her channel, I haven't skipped a video she has posted.
  6. Could you go a whole year without buying makeup?: Ha. Probably not. I could try, but honestly there is a lot of temptation to try new things because I genuinely like to review products. I had the hardest time not buying anything during the three month no-buy I set for myself during the summer. If I ever do that again it will not be in the middle of the summer. Actually, I have considered doing a no-buy from January to March. We'll see :)
  7. Are you good about cleaning your makeup brushes regularly? (Be honest!): It depends on how busy I am. At the beginning of the school year, I was spot cleaning daily and deep cleaning them weekly. I think the longest I have gone without washing a brush is 2 weeks. That's really not too bad... right? *shifty eyes*
  8. Do you have support of friends and family with your blog?: My roommate isn't a fan of makeup, so she thinks it's weird. Some of my other friends know I have a blog, but they don't know what it is about. My boyfriend is fully supportive of my blog and has occasionally left a math-related comment on my posts (he likes math). My parents have supported my blog too. My mom comes to me for makeup advice, and I think that says a lot.
  9. If you didn't blog about beauty, what else would you blog about?: I would probably have a blog about fiction. I used to write short stories with my friends all the time, but as we got older our interests changed.
  10. What's your favorite type of foundation? (powder, liquid etc.): I prefer the convenience of pressed powder foundations, but I always find myself buying liquid foundations.
  11. Are there days when you don't wear any makeup at all?: There are, but now that I'm working to finish products in my collection, the days I go without makeup are few and far between. The great thing is that I did go most of the year without makeup last year and I can say my skin problems are not related to makeup.
My Questions:
  1. What is the number one place you want to travel to?
  2. What is your Hogwarts house? (I had to ask)
  3. What nail polish are you wearing right now/did you wear last?
  4. What is your number one beauty secret?
  5. What is more important to you: skincare or makeup?
  6. What is the number one product that you want that you can't get where you live?
  7. What is your favorite food that other people might consider to be odd?
  8. What is your dream job?
  9. Is there something you dislike about blogging?
  10. What product has surprised you the most? It can be good or bad.
  11. What is your favorite season and why?
11 Blogs I've Nominated:
  1. HistoryBeauty
  2. Sugar and Sparkle
  3. Cara Loves Cosmetics
  4. Forever Fuchsia
  5. Monsiieur Alex
  6. My Glittery Obsessions
  7. Natalie's Life
And there were a ton more that I wanted to nominate, but they were all a bit past 200. This was fun to fill out, so thanks again to Katy for nominating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.