Oct 29, 2012

Tag: A-Z of Beauty

This tag was created by FleurDeForce (and Sprinkleofglitter) and when I first saw the video I thought it was a really fun idea! The point of this tag is to list one brand for every letter of the alphabet and a recommendation from that brand. I wasn't tagged to do this, but I thought it would be fun!
  • Aveeno: I really like thier Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser. It doesn't have an offensive scent to it and it is great to use in the morning. It doesn't do much in terms of makeup removal, but it is great if you have sensitive skin.
  • Burt's Bees: this was an example in Fleur and Louise's video, but I like Burt's Bees. Their lip balms are good and I should probably buy some more soon because I'm at a loss with my lips. They're really dry at the moment and nothing is helping.
  • Cetaphil: Cetaphil's products are popular among dermatologists. Mine has never suggested the brand to me (he always says to just use a cleanser I like), but Cetaphil is known for being safe for sensitive skin or people undergoing acne treatments. I like their Gentle Skin Cleanser if I'm not wearing any makeup and I actually like that it doesn't foam.
  • Desert Essence: their jojoba oil removes makeup well and it lasts a while. I've been using it daily for over a month (maybe even two months) to remove eye makeup and I've got more than half of the bottle left
  • E.L.F.: although this brand is very hit and miss, I love their flat top powder brush from their Studio Line. It costs $3 and was worth every penny.
  • Fekkai: This won't really count because I've never tried anything from the brand, but I couldn't think of another brand that starts with the letter "F"
  • Grandpa's: this brand has soaps. I bought the Thylox Acne soap with sulfur, but I can't technically recommend it because I haven't quite finished my other cleanser yet.
  • Hard Candy: Not my favorite brand ever, but their Glamouflage concealer now has five shades instead of three and I plan to try the lightest shade soon so I can get the full effects of the concealer.
  • Illamasqua: another one I've never tried anything from, but it came to mind.
  • Japonesque: I bought a cute travel eyelash curler from them once and I know they have a purse-friendly brush set I might buy in the future.
  • Kiss My Face: I recently started using the Olive & Green Tea soap that I featured in my iHerb haul post. Basically any of their olive oil soaps are supposed to be amazing, and I'll have to agree that at the very least, the Olive & Green Tea version is great. It makes my skin soft and clean. The great part is that it's a great bargain (depending on where you buy it, it can run from $3-4 for an 8 ounce bar) and the one I have only has 5 ingredients (the Pure Olive Oil bar has 3 ingredients). I'll be doing a full review on this shortly.
  • L'Oreal: I just started using the Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream again and I really like it. The only problem is that I think I'll run out of it quickly.
  • Maybelline: their Dream Matte Powder has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. It is smooth, inexpensive, and it works.
  • Neutrogena: I really like their Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation (pressed). It doesn't have heavy coverage, but it is a nice powder for lazy days.
  • Olay: I have used their Complete All Day UV Moisturizer for Combination/Oily Skin (SPF 15) in the past and I liked it. The ingredients are probably not the best of the best, but I liked it as a product and I would buy it again.
  • Physicians Formula: I really like the Shimmer Strips by PF (specifically the bronzers) because they can also be used as a highlighter and eye shadows.
  • Queen Helene: the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask has been a cult favorite for a while and I went through at least two or three tubes of it before I started really trying out other masks. 
  • Rimmel: Rimmel Extra Wow Lash Mascara is inexpensive and a great value. It doesn't irritate my eyes (which is important) and it gives my lashes lots of volume.
  • Stila: If you frequently read my blog, you will already know that I adore the Stila Smudge Crayons. They last on my eyes all day and if I use one color alone, I don't have to set it with another eye shadow. 
  • Tarte: I haven't tried it on my face, but their Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer has been on my wishlist for a while because the lightest shade (Agent 00) is great for my pale skin.
  • Urban Decay: I don't own it currently, but my favorite Urban Decay product of all time is their 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA. The color worked well for my skin and it covered well.
  • Vaseline: I don't like Vaseline, to be honest. It's not necessarily their products, it's just the ingredients I have a problem with. I have a post coming up that is more in depth.
  • Willa Naturals: this brand is targeted to younger girls, but they have a nice basic foam cleanser that would work for any age. I've got the travel kit right now (the cleanser and moisturizer) that I bought because I loved the size and shape of the bag it came in and I was curious about the products. I don't dislike anything from the brand so far, and that's a good sign.
  • X Out: I haven't tried this, but it's supposed to be an all in one benzoyl peroxide acne treatment. Some people really seem to love it, though. I'm not crazy about benzoyl peroxide because its long term effects are unknown, but it does work on my skin.
  • Yes To...brands: I like the Yes to Tomatoes shower gel, but as I mentioned in my empties post, it smells powdery and I'm trying to make the switch to natural bar soaps.
  • Zapzyt: I think I used this brand's spot treatment in high school, but I can't remember how I felt about it. I stopped using benzoyl peroxide a long time ago, but I'm actually using a prescription with benzoyl peroxide in it (which will be featured in my skin care routine post if I like it... and if I don't like it, then I'll move on to a new product).
I tag... everyone reading this! If you have a blog and you decide to post this on your blog, just comment below with a link to your post and I'll read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.