Sep 5, 2012

Shopping List #1

I tend to do an excessive amount of research on products before I buy them. I test things out in person if at all possible and I also look at swatches and reviews online. Sometimes I buy some winning products and other times I am disappointed.
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I will admit that I was never impressed by the original Naked palette. I just assumed that the colors wouldn't work with my skin tone, but when I saw the Naked 2 palette, I was impressed. It's been out for nearly a year and I still haven't bought it because I already have so many neutrals that it would probably be a bad idea to just run out and buy it. However, I still want it and hope to have it within the next few months.
  • Urban Decay Smoked Palette: I was unsure of whether or not I would need this palette until I saw the swatches. It features colors I don't have in my collection and I love that it has a booklet with all the different "looks" you can do with the palette, since I'm still very safe when it comes to smokey eyes.
  • Lush Ultrabland Cleanser: I really want to try this for makeup removal. I won't order it until I'm closer to finishing my other makeup removers, but it seems like it will be something gentle and effective, so I look forward to trying it.
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Blemish Clearing Peel: I've never tried a peel on my skin, so therefore I am curious as to how it might work.
  • L'Oreal Youth Code Serum Corrector: Now that I've discovered that my skin loves Mario Badescu acne treatments, I want to try a serum from any brand to correct my hyperpigmentation. It will be a long time before I buy this one because I've got another serum to finish up and it will last me a long time. This also seems to be a good dupe for the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, which is a product I've considered buying a few times, but I would have a lot of trouble forking over $50 for a product that "might" work.
  • MAC Blush Palette: I've only owned a mineralize blush by MAC before and I liked it, so I figured I would just order a customized palette of blushes from the MAC website. I think I have the colors narrowed down to Pinch O Peach, Well Dressed, Pink Swoon, Fleur Power, Dame, and Breath of Plum. I showed these blushes to my mom the last time we went to a MAC counter and she is skeptical about Fleur Power for me, so I may or may not switch that one for another.
  • Any "Lash Growing" Mascara: It's not that I need much lash growth, but I am interested to see how a "lash growth" formula might work now that I am familiar with a couple of serums (one seems to work, the other did nothing). I'm a big fan of dramatic lashes and I may even repurchase Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes along with my next mascara purchase because it makes my lashes look long and thick. I'm leaning toward trying the Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara since I'm already using the serum at night.
For now that is all I am saving for. I'm sure I'll buy other things here and there (and I'll do my best to review them as I do!) What is on your shopping list?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really lusting after the smoked palette too, I think the booklet will be so useful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.