Sep 29, 2012

September Hits and Misses! (2012)

From this point on, I hope to feature both my favorite and least favorite products of the month. Sometimes I give initial impressions on products and I end up changing my mind later on for various reasons (the season changes, the formula changes, my needs change, etc). Since I'm focused on finishing products rather than spending money on the things I simply "want", I tend to have a very boring makeup routine and my overall favorites don't change.

Hits:
Aveeno Baby Shampoo: I use this to deep clean my makeup brushes and after the first use, I was amazed with the results. I've used other brands of baby shampoo and I've never been impressed until I first used this particular type. My brushes looked new.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige: Seriously, if Maybelline doesn't make this a permanent shade, it would be a poor business decision. Excluding days I didn't wear makeup, I used this as a base every day in September. That is something that doesn't really happen to me with bases/primers. I usually switch between at least two or three.

Covergirl Eye Shadow Trio in Cafe au Lait: I wouldn't consider this an absolute favorite, to be honest. The formula is fine and the colors are great for an every day look, but I'm just working to finish my trios and quads before I buy the Urban Decay palettes I want. The great thing is that I've hit pan on the shimmery taupe shade! I used this almost every day this month, excluding the weekend I went home.

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment: This is used to help dry, chapped skin. It is also used to soften cuticles. I actually use it on my feet when I have blisters from my shoes, but I might have to try this on my cuticles because I love any multipurpose product. I especially love this because it is paraben and mineral oil free!

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream: This BB cream has light to medium coverage and a natural finish. I've had this for quite a few months and I've been using it every day since I finished my Almay Clear Complexion foundation.


Misses:
ELF Shielding Hydro Tint: I liked this when I tried it back in June, but after I finished my Almay foundation this just felt sticky and gross in comparison. Since it was only $1, I didn't feel bad about throwing it away. I felt the same about the All Over Cover stick and ended up throwing it away as well.

What were your favorites and least favorites for this month?

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I have to try out that baby shampoo for my makeup brushes! I also agree about the color tattoo :)

    http://nataliekslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I finish this bottle of baby shampoo, I might try a small bottle of the Dr. Bronner's castile soap. Everybody is raving about it for brush cleansing and I've heard it's a very multipurpose product.

      I feel like my statement about that particular color tattoo might have been a little bold, but I love it and I would be disappointed if they really did discontinue it. Or they could repromote it with another collection

      Delete
  2. Hey There! I have heard some really great things about the Maybelline Color Tattoos, and I do really want to try the Barely Beige color, but I can't seem to find that color in the Ulta near me! :( If you don't mind me asking, where did you happen to find yours at, because I am definitely not having luck at any Ultas.

    http://aswrittenbyabiggirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at Walgreens, but I've also seen them at CVS and Ulta. I've used Barely Beige almost every day since I bought it, so I just hope they either repromote it in the spring or add it to the permanent collection.

      Delete
    2. PS- thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.