Sep 26, 2012

September 2012 Empties!

This blog post is one that was a long time in the making because I actually began saving up my empty bottles for products when I got back to school in August. I'm surprised by how much I have finished up just within the past month and few days because when I was restricting my beauty purchases, I went straight for the travel sized products in my collection and then it seemed like I was finishing things at an alarming rate. This time, however, I've written mini reviews of each product as I finish them.

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup: I finally finished it! Will I repurchase? Maybe, but not for a while. I've got some other face products to use up before I even think about buying yet another foundation. I've talked about this foundation a lot. It isn't a perfect foundation, but I really liked it. The packaging bothered me and the shade selection was pathetic.

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads: I finished these early on. I don't know why, but for a short period of time, I thought it would be a great idea to try out acne pads like these (I also tried Stridex). They don't work for me. Stridex felt sticky and Clearasil was drying.


Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Gel: In the spectrum for spot treatments, I would say this is average. I like the amount of product in the tube (1 fluid ounce - most I've used are half). I like that this has salicylic acid (I have a prescription treatment that can't be used with benzoyl peroxide), but as a spot treatment it really only works on tiny blemishes that would probably go away in a couple of days anyway. In terms of following through claims, this product is a failure (it says it will reduce redness within a few hours and if I'm not mistaken, when this product first came out it claimed to get rid of blemishes in three days).

E.L.F. Soothing Oil Blotting Sheets (Aloe) and Rejuvenating Oil Blotting Sheets (Green Tea): I bought these in a set of three about a year ago in a back-to-school display at Target (the other one was Tea Tree). These are smaller than the Clean & Clear blotting sheets I used a few years back, but it took more than one E.L.F. sheet to get all of the oil off my face. I have oily skin, but I wouldn't consider it to be that oily. Each container held 50 sheets and with the number I used on my face, these sheets would not last long enough for the purchase to be worth it. I still recommend using Starbucks napkins as an alternative to blotting sheets. Some people say that the toilet seat covers work well too, but that crosses the line in my opinion (if you like it, that's fine, it's just something I personally won't even try). After I finish the Tea Tree blotting sheets, I will be moving on to my Clean & Clear blotting sheets. I have one half empty package and one full one.


Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water (1.69 fl oz): I saw this at Sephora one day and decided it would be an interesting product to try since I've never tried a "true" cleansing water (I usually use makeup wipes to remove my makeup). This removed my face makeup easily, but it always left a bit of mascara and eyeliner, so I wouldn't purchase this again.


Simple Exfoliating Facial Wipes: These were rough on my skin and I had to use a separate makeup remover on my eyes. I won't repurchase these, but I will try the other Simple wipes next time (my mom had both and I just picked a random one).


Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner (not pictured): I was glad to finish these. They didn't do anything special for my hair and the scent was fresh, but a bit strong compared to what I usually prefer. I'm still on the search for a great daily shampoo. I'm actually not too picky about conditioner... as long as it makes my hair soft and isn't too heavy, I'm happy. But for some reason I always feel compelled to buy the matching conditioner when I buy a shampoo and in all honesty, it's not necessary because sometimes one is better than the other. In this case, neither impressed me.

So that is everything I finished this month! It wasn't a lot, but I think I'll finish quite a few things up in October (before writing this post I thought I'd be saying I won't finish much in October, but as I got ready this morning I realized that I'm close to finishing quite a few products. We'll see if I do manage to finish them or if I'll give up and switch to something new. My dorm room is honestly crowded with as many beauty products as I could fit and I can't wait until everything fits into an even smaller space.

What did you finish in September?

8 comments:

  1. I love the Sephora cleansing water! It is one of my favorites. I also love your blog, I followed! I would love it if you could check mine out at www.foreverfuchsia.com and maybe follow back? Thanks for posting on this, I love reading them!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! The Sephora cleansing water was my first and eventually I'll probably try another.

      Delete
  2. I loooove reading these empties posts! It always feels good finishing up products making room to buy more! I'll be posting a September Empties blog either today or tomorrow. This post made me a follower :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Empties posts are probably my favorites to read and write at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog and followed! I totally agree about the shampoo thing!

    xoxo, Natalie
    http://nataliekslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Empties posts! They are so fun and it feels so accomplishing when you can move on from a product.

    Kindness is the best accessory,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I never used to commit to finishing products, but it's a very satisfying feeling

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.