Sep 2, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

I am always on the lookout for a longwearing eyeliner. I tried the Revlon Colorstay eyeliners the first time a few years ago and almost always had one in either Black or Black/Brown in my collection. Right now I have four: Blackberry, Teal, Charcoal, and Black.


Cost: $7.49 a piece at Ulta
Color Range: 7-8 shades
Color Descriptions:
  • Blackberry: black with a plum shimmer
  • Teal: matte teal
  • Charcoal: dark metallic gray
  • Black: matte black
Overall Impression: These are very dry in comparison to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, so it makes application difficult. However, in terms of lasting power, these are better for me. I like the colors that are available. My personal favorite is Blackberry because I've never owned a color like it. Well, to be fair, I've also never owned a color like Teal, but Teal is a bit too bold for my personal preferences. For me, Blackberry can be a great everyday color without being plain or garish. Another thing I love about these liners is that they twist up. I personally don't use the sharpener at the ends because I had a bad experience with the tip of the liner coming off and getting stuck in the sharpener. It's easier to just line carefully.

These eyeliners are good, but as I said, they run on the dry side. For me, that is reason enough to keep looking at other eyeliners from time to time. The only color I don't think I will repurchase is Teal because it's not a good color for my skin tone.


Swatches: Left is the original swatches (top to bottom: Blackberry, Teal, Charcoal, and Black). Right is after the smudge test. They do rub off a bit, but I don't have to set them with anything to prevent smudging, which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.