The makeup bag for this post isn't one I would normally use, but for some reason I've misplaced my old makeup bag that I would throw in my purse (I stopped carrying makeup around with me for a while because I wanted to carry a smaller purse, but lately I've been in the mood to carry around a bigger bag once again).
Anyway, on with the post! I have a Vera Bradley makeup bag that I typically use to store random items, but for this post I am using it as my purse makeup bag.
- Blotting sheets, especially if you have oily or combination skin - if you have drier skin you might not need this. If you don't want to pay for blotting sheets, I suggest using Starbucks napkins. They work just as well as blotting sheets and the store won't care if you take a few extras! ;) (just make sure you actually buy something when you go in so you're not stealing. I'm a clumsy person, so I never know how many napkins I'll need)
- Facial spray - I have the Evian spray. Yup, it's just water in a can. Urban Decay also has travel sized bottles of their makeup setting sprays. I've liked all of the sprays I have tried, but I'm looking into trying facial sprays from other brands. Alternatively, you can just pour water or an alcohol free toner in a spray bottle and try that (I haven't, but I just might at some point)
- Pressed powder - for touch ups
- Retractable kabuki brush - also for touch ups (if you don't mind using the puff/sponge that comes with your face powder, then use that so you can have more space, although 9 times out of 10, I prefer to use a brush)
- Whatever lip product I'm wearing - try bringing something with SPF so you don't get a sunburn on your lips. I never have, but I've heard that they are painful
- Travel sized toothbrush - yeah, not a normal thing to keep in a makeup bag, but you never know when you'll need it. I just buy them in packs of two from the travel section at the drugstore
- Toothy tabs/travel sized toothpaste