Now, this post will show some items that are applicable to students living in traditional dorm rooms and it might have less than what would be necessary for an apartment. There are a few items I do not have with me, but I will still discuss them because they were items I used last year and thought to be quite useful.
In terms of cleaning supplies, I like to keep it simple. The fewer products and ingredients used, the better. Most of the items I bought this year were by Method, which can most commonly be found at Target, but also online. I've also seen it sold at some health food stores, so that might be another great place to look.
- Method All-Purpose Surface Cleaner in French Lavender: I prefer multipurpose cleaners rather than having a separate cleaner for every single item. It will clean counters, tile, stone, wood, and glass. Now if it's the shower or toilet, I use something else!
- Method Daily Shower Cleaner (Ylang Ylang): this had ingredients differing enough from the all purpose cleaner for the purchase to be worth it. And it's simple to use. Just spray and go! It can be used on showers (I should hope so! It is called a shower cleaner, after all), tiles, fixtures, glass, and tubs.
- Method Antibac Toilet: Well, I never said every item I would feature on my blog would be pleasant. Toilets need to be cleaned too, and this cleaner gets the bowls, seats, and under the icky rim. And it smells like spearmint!
As for items I did not show, here are some I recommend:
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge (or a normal sponge)
- Disinfecting wipes (just in case someone has a cold)
- Drano or some other form of clog remover
Hopefully I have been helpful. I know there are probably items I have forgotten to include, but I am learning as I go, so by next year I should be a pro at this.