Jul 30, 2012

My *First* LUSH Haul!

So I realize that I've promised not to buy makeup, skin care, hair care, or body products until September 1, but I had to break my promise once again and this time it was fair if I say so myself. I recently went on a mini-vacation and I do not live close to a LUSH store or counter, so when I happened to come across a LUSH store I had to at least check it out. I went into the store and pretended I didn't want anything (the store didn't even sell Honey I Washed the Kids soap and that is probably the main thing I have been curious about). The next day, I was regretting my decision to pass things up and I gave the LUSH website a lengthy visit. Since there was a LUSH counter at a Macy's we would be going by, I decided to stop in. The people working there were incredibly helpful and friendly and from what I have already tried, I know I will be ordering some more products online in the future since I have an idea of what some of the products smell like (I am very sensitive to smell and I have a difficult time trusting a description of a scent). But, on with the haul!


The most unusual products I came across were the "Toothy Tabs" - I bought them in the Sparkle (vanilla, lemon, and grapefruit) and Ultrablast (lavender, peppermint, and spearmint and I believe it also has wasabi in it) varieties. Toothy Tabs are just solid toothpaste and I think they would be perfect for travel.

I don't normally take baths, but I figured that a bath bomb would be worth a try. I purchased Honey Bee because it smelled nice.

I don't necessarily need a new conditioner, but I saw the bottle of American Cream and thought it would go nicely with the solid shampoo bar I bought since I can't convince myself not to buy a conditioner when I buy a shampoo.

The second strangest item I decided to try was Lovely Jubblies, which is a breast cream. I am only 20 so loss of firmness in my skin is not an issue I have, but I just thought the concept of this cream was interesting. The container of it is tiny, but a little goes a long way. It can be used anywhere, really. It is most commonly used on the breasts, butt, neck, and eye area. I normally have problems with 

As I mentioned before, the item I've always been eager to try from LUSH is the Honey I Washed the Kids soap because I love sweeter fragrances and I heard that this was one of their most popular soaps. I cut off a chunk in my hotel room and it is a nice product.

Another line of products I was intrigued by was the solid shampoo bars. I heard they tend to last anywhere from 50-80 washes and I love that they are so compact. The sales associate suggested that I try Jumping Juniper since my hair is oily at the roots. I also bought a tin for my shampoo so I could prevent it from melting away in the shower.

I will do my best to post some reviews of these items once I have used them for a while and once I am allowing myself to buy beauty products again, I will be trying some more products.

What are your favorite LUSH products?

EDIT: another thing worth mentioning about Lush is that the packaging is gender-neutral, which was one of my biggest gripes about the Bellaboo line. I showed my boyfriend my haul and then some other products by Lush and he said he would have no problem having some of the products stocked in his bathroom (particularly the Toothy Tabs, but I'm sure if he ever wanted to use a new shaving cream or try a new soap, he won't feel like he is low on options - Grass and Dirty are two particular scents marketed toward men, but none of the shower gels I sniffed in-store were overly feminine and were overall gender-neutral. The bar soaps are a bit different. I think Rock Star, Lust, Queen of Hearts, and The Godmother might be too feminine for MOST guys to want to use... but considering how many other soaps there are by Lush, this is far from being a problem). I'd also like to note that a lot of the products are not sulfate free, but I have learned to accept that if I ever wanted to go sulfate-free, my hair would probably have a long transition period and I would probably look like a hot mess for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.