Jul 13, 2012

June Favorites! (2012)

Better late than never, right? I tried filming a video for this but I'm still not comfortable in front of the camera (I tend to drop the words like, yeah, and um quite frequently even though it is something I tend to notice when I am watching videos, but once again I am rambling).

Since I am not buying makeup for a while (even though in my last update I admitted to cheating a little... I bought a mascara and a lipstick in a shade I've never owned before), I have had to shop my collection and in that time I have hardly finished anything, but I have rediscovered some old favorites and even discovered some new ones! I will also be mentioning a product I don't recommend (even though my initial impression of it was good)

  1. Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara: the brush is great, the formula is unique (gel mousse), and it gives my lashes a natural look without just simply tinting them. This particular mascara has gotten mixed reviews, but I see mascara as a personal thing as it is. I love Maybelline mascaras, but some people find their formulas to be too wet.
  2. OPI Spiderman nail polishes: I have four shades from this collection (Into the Night, Just Spotted the Lizard, Number One Nemesis, and Your Web or Mine?) and although I would say all of them are general favorites, Just Spotted the Lizard is a standout color. I'm terrible at describing colors so I hope the pictures below do the color justice. By the way, has anybody else seen The Amazing Spiderman? I saw it on Saturday and I thought it was fantastic! 
  3. Too Faced Naked Eye Palette: I reviewed this palette a few weeks ago and even though I love the Romantic Eye palette I got for my birthday, I found myself using this palette more often.
  4. Almay Clear Complexion Makeup: I also reviewed this recently and despite the poor packaging of the version I have, I think this foundation is great. After I finish this foundation, I'll have quite a few I need to finish before I even think about repurchasing this, but for the time being, I love this stuff.
  5. ELF Color Correcting Face Powder: I wouldn't say this is a holy grail product, but this is the only powder that seems to control my oil when I use certain tinted moisturizers. Overall I am very pleased with this product. Oh, and although it has four color-correcting colors in it, it is 
As a random favorite, I've been loving Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. I played 1-4 last summer and loved it, but I didn't get 5-7 until the beginning of June. This game is just as entertaining as the first, in my opinion.

And for a product that I wasn't crazy about... the ELF 3-in-1 Mascara. Initially I raved about this mascara when I did the $20 makeup challenge, but after switching between this mascara and my Maybelline mascara a few times, I realized that this doesn't do as much for my lashes as I want it to. Maybe the formula changed over a couple of weeks as well (because that does happen to mascara), but after a while all it did for my lashes was tint them and that's not what I personally look for in a mascara. I don't regret this much though, since it was only $3 and I can keep this in my travel makeup bag for the next couple of months.

This is off subject, but I really need to invest in a good camera to take pictures because I've been using my iPhone and if I want my blog to be taken seriously, I should probably use serious equipment. I am doing my own research on cameras, but if anyone has input I would greatly appreciate it.

What were your favorites in June?

I had most difficult time getting the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara to sit still on my little table. Awkward angle due to artificial lighting. Eep.

Cool brush, useless product

*cue Hedwig's Theme*

2 comments:

  1. The Too Faced palette looks gorgeous :) need to get my hands on it :)

    Found your blog through Emilynoel83's tweet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Too Faced palettes are amazing! I have two and they have such a smooth consistency :)

      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! :D

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.