Jul 21, 2012

Don't Believe the Hype: Covergirl BB Cream

If you visit beauty blogs regularly, then you've probably already heard that Covergirl repackaged their CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer and are now calling it both a BB cream and a tinted moisturizer on the new packaging. Some people have even posted side by side photos of the ingredients and they're the same. Now, I understand that most Western brands have released BB creams that hardly have any similarities to traditional Asian BB creams, but at least the other companies have taken the time to actually create a new product for their line, even if it is more of a tinted moisturizer than a true BB cream.

In fact, I am embarrassed for Covergirl. I suppose they didn't think people would notice or that they wouldn't care, but to me this is a big deal because now the company has lost my trust because they knew people would buy into the hype. At least the package says "new look" but some people might not notice. I understand that Covergirl would want to jump on the bandwagon, but they could have actually done the work to create a NEW product like every other company has (as far as I know of, that is).

I hope this post hasn't been too much of a rant. More than anything else, I just feel like spreading the word is important because I want to save my readers the money, especially if they have already tried the CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer and didn't like it.

PS- my next few posts will probably involve travel and my "Beauty at Home" series.

PPS- The photo featured below was taken by me. At Walgreens. If you know anything about taking pictures at Walgreens, then you'll know that I had to be very stealthy and as soon as I snapped the picture, I was out of there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.